Examining Popular Preaching with Sound Doctrine.
Titus 2: 1″ But as for you, Speak the things which are proper for Sound Doctrine”.
- Reversing curses, Breaking Altars, Altar vs Altar, etc.
Spiritual exercises like this have become Popular and we want to know whether they conform to Sound Doctrine pertaining to the life of the New Creation in Christ Jesus.
- Every Person without Christ is in spiritual darkness and under the dominion of satan. That is where we were affected by curses, ancestral ties, evil altars etc. All of these are the dominion of darkness over a Person. Jesus came to make a one time Perfect Sacrifice to redeem us from the curse of breaking God’s law. The Sacrifice of Jesus was sufficient to end satan’s bondage and reverse every curse and break every altar deliver us from darkness and transport us into the Kingdom of light. ( Galatians 3: 13-14, Colossians 1: 12-18)
- The New Birth through faith in the finished work of Jesus makes a Person a New Creation. The New Creation is not subject to curses, ancestral curses, altars etc.( 2 Cor.5:17-18). The New Creation must grow by feeding on Sound Doctrine to maintain His freedom and Possess his Inheritance in Christ. ( 1 Peter 2: 1-3, Galatians 5:1, Ephesians 4: 1-7). Failure to grow in Sound Doctrine will make you like a foolish Galatian to be bewitched by false Preachers and be deceived and be held in their bondage. ( Galatians 3: 1-3). The solution to the Believer’s bondage is Growth and Maturity not breaking of curses and altars etc.
- When a Believer begins to break curses, altars etc, when will it come to an end. Who will give him a certificate of liberty and who will declare your blessing? This is an exercise in futility pursued in ignorance. The Believer is already blessed and not cursed and must be taught how to walk in faithfulness and in truth to access every Inheritance. ( Ephesians 1:3-4)
- What example in the New Testament do we get of Believers breaking altars and reversing curses etc? None. Believers are taught to be doers of the Word and not hearers only deceiving themselves. Every Believer well taught can exercise authority and put satan and his power where they belong- under their feet. Instead of breaking family curses, Believers must present Jesus to family members and that will mark the beginning of blessing in the family.
- This is one very Popular Teaching which does not conform to Sound Doctrine.
- Deliverance from demons and witches and wizards in order to Prosper.
- Christ came to deliver us from darkness, demons and witches and wizards. Whom the Son will set free is free indeed. No man of God gives a certificate of liberty. Only Jesus does.( John 8: 36, Colossians 1: 12-14). Unbelievers under satan power may need deliverance and Believers in Christ will need to grow and become matured to have dominion over satan. (Acts 19: 11-20, James 4: 6-7)
- Much of today’s Preaching do not make a difference between the New Creation and the Unbeliever. They are both treated the same and given the same Prescription for their ailment. This is wrong. Those who have received Jesus as Lord must be taught how to walk in Him feeding on SoundDoctrine. Many Believers don’t like Bible Study but like the Prayer for deliverance. ( Colossians 2: 6-10). Unbelievers need to receive Jesus and become a New Creation to enjoy the benefits of the New Creation.
- To be continued….