- God has opened the Floodgate to fulfill Isaiah 44: 3-4 in our life and shift People from the Christian Religion to the Christian Faith whose Author and Finisher is Jesus Christ. We are under the Banner of One Lord, One Faith, One Church in the Bright 2022. We are going to explore the meaning of this to enrich the Church and elevate the People.
- What do you have and what are you Practicing? Is it the Christian Religion or the Christian Faith?
Acts 3: 1-10 – Peter said ” Silver and Gold have I none but such as I have give I thee, In the name of Jesus of Nazareth rise up and walk. And the man crippled from birth rose up and walked and gave Glory to God. What did Peter have? Christian Religion or Christian Faith? What did Peter receive from Jesus through the Holy Spirit? Christian Religion or Christian Faith?
- Many identify as Christians but a careful examination will show that they have a Christian Religion instead of the Christian Faith whose Author and Finisher is Jesus Christ. What is the Christian Religion?
The Christian Religion is a mixture of many things that People Practice. And because it is a mixture of many things, it is not Potent. The Bible calls it ” having a form of Godliness with no Power.( 2 Timothy 3: 5).
The Christian Religion is a mixture of a. Man made Doctrines b. Rules and Regulations c. Traditions and Customs of the People d. Wrong Interpretation and Application of the Bible e. Christian label.
The Christian Religion expresses a mixture of these elements and People practice it for a living. The Christian Religion is shallow, empty and unfulfilling and those who Practice it are frustrated, dry and unfruitful and eventually depart from it looking for something better. Some leave for other Religions.
- What is the Christian Faith? It must be well understood that Jesus did not come to introduce a Christian Religion. Jesus came to introduce a Faith that He is the Author and Finisher. The Christian Faith is all about the Person of Jesus whiles the Christian Religion is about People and their opinions and beliefs. ( Hebrews 12: 1-2).
- Jesus came to die for our sins and rose from the dead to give us the Faith to Arise and Shine everywhere for God’s Glory.
Paul testified of living by the Faith of the Son of God who loved him and gave Himself for him. ( Galatians 2: 20-21). Peter testified of the genuineness of their Faith which is more Precious than gold ( 1Peter 1: 1-8) . Again Peter testified of those who have obtained the same Precious Faith with them. (2 Peter 1: 1-4). It is clear that Jesus never gave His Followers a Religion to Practice but a Faith to Practice. If what you have is the Christian Religion, then it’s your turn to shift to the Christian Faith whose Author and Finisher is Jesus Christ.
- Romans 10: 17- The Christian Faith comes alive by hearing the Word of God. The Faith that has Jesus as the Author and Finisher is rooted in Scripture and not in People’s ideas and Philosophies and man made Doctrines. Jesus said man shall live by Faith by living by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. ( Matthew 4: 1-4). This is the Faith we receive from Jesus when we confess Him as Lord. We did not receive Religion from Jesus. Religion is what we receive from following People. When you follow Jesus, you will receive Faith from Him to Arise and Shine everywhere for God’s Glory.
- We will be exploring the Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith that the Bible teaches. It is when we believe these that our Faith becomes anchored to Jesus to produce it’s fruit which abides. Many Christians have the Religion and are missing the Faith. We are shifting People from the Christian Religion to the Christian Faith whose Author and Finisher is Jesus Christ.